Time Flies...

Thursday 14 April 2011

Evaluation Task 2 How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

Annotated version of my film. Please pause to read if its to fast.








My main project and ancillary task share many things in common to link the two together. For starters; the logo. The Sky Angels logo appears on each poster along with the tag line which is also appears at the end of the trailer. And each one contains the website.
I also linked them together by color scheme. So like when Dawn's name appears in the Teaser Trailer, its in gold which is the color of the wings and text on her poster (the second poster by the way).
One of the things I think really attracts audiences is the contrast of the whole project. In the video its bright blue text on black then changes to black on red. The posters and magazine front cover have black backgrounds as well but very bold color to make them stand out.
The hands, like the text at the end of the Teaser, provided me with a way to get more characters into my piece. Since it would have taken me too much time to photoshop real people into my characters, I decided it would be a lot easier to go down the Tron route and just photoshop people's hands (mainly mine).

No comments:

Post a Comment