Time Flies...

Wednesday 13 April 2011

Evaluation Task 1: In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

Click to Enlarge


-I have created a very unconventional teaser trailer. Unlike most, I went down the slow and ominous route. Due to lack of CGI, I was forced down this path but in a sense its fitting as the story its based of is very unconventional. Although there are a few things I kept the same; like the title and "coming soon" appearing at the very end. The costumes, location and props were very basic due to low budget however I still believe it fits.

-The story is based off a novel I have written so I had everything clearly laid out in my head. Again, lack of CGI prevented me from going very far but I feel the teaser trailer represented this story well through the use of voice overs. The destiny read out gives an idea of the plot like most fantasy prophecies do.

-The main character is slowly introduced. The first shot is an opening of her but you can't see her face yet. Then its a couple of medium shots. The main character is not fully revealed until the very end when she runs towards the camera.
I have very little special effects except for the transitions between shots. This keeps the trailer very simple.

-While I have said my story is quite unconventional, the main character, at times, can fall into that very girly herione type stereotype. She can act impulsively at times. This is shown here as she's running straight towards her burning house. The female villain at the end falls into the sadistic bitch stereotype which is clear by her scary smile.

-I didn't make the audience very clear in this piece, I realise, although with the villain at the end its most certainly not a kids film. And with the destiny being read out; its quite dark. I'd like my film to be for teens and older however.

No comments:

Post a Comment