Time Flies...

Wednesday 6 October 2010

Research: LotR's Fellowship of the Ring Teaser Trailer



This is quite an interesting Teaser Trailers. This was one of the firt trailers released for the Lord of the Rings series. Because my film idea is based off my novel, I'm looking to study fantasy films were are aptations from books. One key thing to note is fans who have already read the books pretty much know the story.

The reason I classed this as a boardline teaser trailer is cause while it shows all the actors and stuff, the story isn't revealed. Only fans will recongize like the catch phrase, "One ring to rule them all etc." and immediately go, "Oh its Lord of the Rings!" I think its also interesting to note that this trailer was made in early days cause they had a lot of scenes with the characters' costumes still being made and green screens.

And because this is a big budget production (directed by Peter Jackson and produced by New Line Cinema) they were able to announce rougly their release date; Christmas 2002, Summer 2003, Christmas 2003.

So for my film, I may not have to worry so much about the story being revealed since its based off a book which a lot of people have read.

No comments:

Post a Comment